Sunday 16 December 2012

A break for Christmas and a chance to reflect...

Wow... what a year! With Christmas around the corner and a New Year to look forward to, I'd like to take a few minutes to reflect on a very eventful 2012.

I finally completed the Pathylon trilogy for my Bradley Baker series of children's adventure books and sales of all three titles have surpassed our expectations.

 

And I am really pleased to be working on a fourth BB adventure, which will be published during the summer of 2013.

 
 
It's been a busy year with lots of fabulous school visits and repeat visits to showcase my Bradley Baker books and help to inspire many thousands of children that I've been privileged to meet. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all the teachers and students for allowing me to present at the following schools (listed in no particular order);
 
Combe Pafford, St Margarets, Cockington, Torre, Ilsham, Westlands, Galmpton, Brixham, Eden Park, Redhills, Sidmouth, Whipton Barton, Bowhill, Ellacombe, White Rock, Canada Hill, Teignmouth, Our Lady and St Patricks, Sherwell Valley, Kings Ash, Shiphay, Harbertonford and Torbay.






 



 
 
I'm also really proud to be associated with some tremendous organisations linked to the welfare of children in my home county of Devon. My duites included judging competition entries for short stories with the vInpired Team and helping to honour young writers in Torbay.
 
 
 
 
I'm also honoured to have been appointed Vice Chancellor for the Children's University in Torbay and I look forward to continue my work with the area representative Emma Gorman to advocate the extra-curricular activities during 2013.
 

 
It is also a privilege to be associated with ‘Families for Children’ as an ambassador. My day to day activities allow me to network and share information about the charity’s main task, which is to find and support adoptive families for children who need them.

 
‘Families for Children’ is a Voluntary Adoption Agency that believes the best place for children to grow up is within their family of origin. Where this is not possible, they endeavour to find adoptive families for children who need them and place a high value on offering these children and families on-going support. They recognise the diverse society in which we all live and seek to meet the complex needs of children, whilst valuing and respecting their culture, identity and personal history.

Details about the charity and its logo will also be featured at the front of all future print runs of the Bradley Baker series of books.
 
There is so much to reflect upon... and most of which is contained in this blog thread. For now I'll leave you with my favourite photo of the year; this one was taken at Crealy Adventure Park and pictures Callum and his oldest brother (two lovely young lads who have benefited from the love and support provided by their adoptive parents and the team at 'Families for Children').

 
Have a great Christmas everyone... and thanks for following me and my blogspot during 2012. There's already lots of events and activities booked in my diary for 2013 so I hope you all continue to follow my exploits next year.
 
 I sincerely hope you and your families have a lovely time over the festive period and I wish you a very happy New Year... where ever you are this wonderful world of ours!
 
Catch up again in 2013!
Regards DLJ



No comments:

Post a Comment