Monday 6 May 2013

Another week in Devon...

Another week entertaining KS2 students in Devon and it was nice to be nearer to home, whilst visiting three more primary schools in the area. Monday got off to a great start at Starcross and a big thank you to Tim Rolinson for organising the showcase and book signing event. My second author visit of the week was to St Joseph's in Newton Abbot, where Katie Rose prepared the students for another showcase extravaganza. The third school event of the week was held at Wilcombe Primary in Tiverton and a massive thank you to Alice Reeves and the children for making my visit a great success.


The week also produced a couple of welcome surprises too, with invites to attend two very special events as guest of honour and guest speaker. The first engagement will be held at Plymouth University later this month, where I will execute my duties as Vice Chancellor of the Children's University by awarding certificates to the Torbay graduates. Then in July I will attend a special lunch at Tower House School in Paignton to celebrate speech day... it will be great to return to the school as guest of honour following my recent author visit.

I'll be heading into Plymouth for the first time next week to start my tour of local schools and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone at Salisbury Road Primary. Also I'll be able to complete yet another school book publication project when I visit Galmpton Primary in Brixham... more details of both visits next week.

Bye for now and thanks for joining my weekly BlogSpot. DLJ

No comments:

Post a Comment