Monday 14 October 2013

Record breaking week...

WOW!!! What a fantastic week! Things just keep getting better and better!!!
 
My school visits are proving even more popular with the children and teachers. I performed my showcase at Elburton in Plymouth and it went down a storm with record breaking book sales during the signing event. Here's what teacher and event organiser Emma Marriot had to say:
 
"Thank you so much for arranging the author visit, the children were enthralled, inspired and really enjoyed the opportunity to meet an author and have their booked signed.  I was amazed at the audience participation during the showcase and think that nearly every child volunteered to become part of the show.  WOW!  The next day I was speechless at the number of children who wanted to get their own booked signed...I really didn't think we'd have enough time!  The next day (and throughout the next few days) the children have been busy reading the adventures of Bradley Baker in their freetime - they were certainly inspired! I have written a piece for our school website, which the ICT technician should have uploaded.  Please take the time to have a look."
 
This is a great testimonial and I'm really pleased that everyone enjoyed the event. But the week didn't stop there... St Joseph's Roman Catholic Primary School in Devonport also recorded the following comments on their website; "We had such a wonderful time together, he came back on Tuesday 8th October to sign our new books! The show was fantastic and the children were all enthralled, as were the staff! We were all very curious about the beautiful but curious Victorian bath but soon everything became crystal clear!"
 
Here are a few pictures taken during the event;



 
 
School visits were concluded this week at Willowbrook Primary in Exeter. Massive thank you to all the staff for a very warm welcome and again another amazing response to the showcase presentation.
 
I received some great news this week too... I'll be revisiting the Gloucester area in November and it will be great to catch up with some old friends and new schools. I love the Cotswolds and here's a chance to view the TV coverage during my last two visits to Waterstones and Abbeymead Primary:

 
And here's a "Date for the Diary"... don't forget I will be making my first official appearance as a new Patron for "Families for Children Adoption" at Devon's Crealy Adventure Park on Friday 1st November during the Halloween Celebrations. I'll be supporting the charity and also signing copies of my new Bradley Baker adventure ... "Bradley Baker and the Gullfather of New York"



That's all for this week folks... hope to catch up with you again very soon! Best wishes DLJ

No comments:

Post a Comment