Sunday 6 October 2013

UK launch date set for new BB book...

It's been another very busy week with more visits to schools and also meetings to set the date for the UK launch of the new Bradley Baker adventure book.
 
I started the week at St Michael's C of E Primary School in Newton Abbot. In the morning, the children and teachers enjoyed my popular showcase presentation, which was followed by a full day of workshops with the year six students. I returned the following day to complete the literary workshops and sign lots of Bradley Baker books during a library event.
 
A visit to Plymouth on Wednesday and I met with some very excited children at St Josephs RC Primary School in Devonport. Everyone enjoyed another author performance and the children who joined me on stage were particularly animated (I even jokingly suggested a contract for them to join me on tour... they were so good at improvising the parts of the main characters!!!). I look forward to a return visit on Tuesday next week and I'd like to offer my thanks to Finola Gill for organising a brilliant event.
 
A meeting with those lovely folks at "Families for Children" produced another inspiring topic of conversation. We agreed that the fourth Bradley Baker book (which supports and plotlines the theme of adoption) would receive its official UK launch at Crealy Adventure Park in Devon. The location is very appropriate, as this is where I met with Ally Colton (fundraiser for FFC) last year during the Halloween celebrations... I was keen to support the charity and a year down the line I have now been appointed a vice patron. I am very proud of my new appointment and look forward to working with the team at Buckfast.
A cuddle with Buddy Bear at Crealy... pictured with Caroline Davies CEO for FFC

A day out with some of the kids from Families for Children Adoption
 
 
I hope some of you will be able to visit Devon's Crealy for the book launch of "Bradley Baker and the Gullfather of New York"... look out for the "Families for Children" marquee on 1st November during the Halloween celebrations, where I will be signing first edition copies of the new book :)
 
 
Catch you all again next time. Have a great week folks!!!
Best wishes, DLJ


No comments:

Post a Comment