Monday 30 September 2013

Climbing some Broad-Stairs!!!

What a wonderful week spent touring schools in East Kent... Braodstairs, Margate and Ramsgate hosted some great events with showcases at Bromstone Primary, St Lawrence College, Haddon Dene and Wellesley House!!! Here are a few pictures to provide a taste of some really inspiring moments... more to follow soon :)
 
Avid readers that couldn't wait to start... straight after I signed their books!!! Fantastic stuff


Year 6 students at Haddon Dene in Broadstairs
 
Good to meet Ellie and Henry Uden at Haddon Dene School
 
Another photo opportunity during the book signing event at Haddon Dene
 
A break from signing books to answer some questions posed by school councillor Gabriella
 
I love reading stories written by children following my presentations. It means a lot to know that my visits have potentially inspired a new generation of authors! Here is an adventure story presented to me by pupil Tommy-Lee at Bromstone Primary School.
 
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all the event organisers that made my visit to East Kent very memorable:- Ellen Rowe, Headteacher at Haddon Dene... Hannah McDermott, Literacy Lead at Wellesley House... Maria Stanley, Literacy Co-ordinator at Bromstone Primary... and Helene Cohen, Head of English at St Lawrence College Junior School.
 
And to finish things off this week... I thought I'd share a sneak preview of the first character sketches created by my illustrator Abie Greyvenstein for the fifth Bradley Baker book, which is planned for release some time next year. Please keep this to yourselves though... it's top secret!!!
 
"Bradley Baker and the Sentinel of Aakoria"... character sketches designed for the 5th book in the series... due to be released during 2014
 
Hope you enjoyed this week's BlogSpot... looking forward to my creative writing workshops with the children at Pinhoe C of E Primary over the next few days. I'll catch up again same time next week and tell you all about this latest book publication project with local schools.
 
Best wishes for now, DLJ
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment