Sunday 22 September 2013

Great to be back in Plymouth and Exeter...

Wow... what a fantastic start to the new academic year. I journeyed back down to Plymouth this week to visit three more primary schools and what a great response to my showcase presentations!!!
 
Children from St Paul's Roman Catholic Primary School were happy to see me again when I returned for their book signing event on Monday, which was held in the library. All four Bradley Baker books were in great demand and I signed lots of copies for all the pupils... with copious amounts of smiling faces from children leaving with books tightly clutched to their chests.


 
On Tuesday I paid my first visit to Horrabridge Primary School, which is part of the Tavistock learning community. This event was organised following my appearance at the Children's University Graduation Awards at Plymouth University, where I attended as Chancellor for Torbay. Here are some of the children at Horrabridge with their signed copies of the Bradley Baker adventure books.

 
Later on Tuesday, I received an urgent call from St Paul's RC with more book orders from some of the children... so I headed back over to sign more copies before my next school visit to Laira Green near Plymouth's city centre in the afternoon. I had a great time at Laira Green School and here are some pictures taken by the teachers...


 
The audience really liked my author presentation!!!

 
Bradley Baker disappears down the plughole!!!

 
The boy hero reappears for a quick photo opportunity!!!

 
 
Here are some of the pupils representing their KS2 year groups during the book signing event in the school library. Each year group received a full set of Bradley Baker books, which were generously funded by the senior management team at Laira Green school.
 
You can see the full web report about my visit to Laira Green School in Plymouth by clicking on the following link: http://lairagreen.com/2013/09/20/visit-by-author-david-lawrence-jones/

The end of the week soon came around and I completed my school events with a return visit to Pinhoe C of E Primary in Exeter. I showcased my Bradley Baker books before the summer and I was invited back to host a series of creative writing workshops. The first session lasted all Friday morning and I worked with the children to help them create characters for a story, which they will write and publish in a school book. Looking forward to returning a week on Monday to continue with the project and I'll display some of the pupils excellent work on this blog in due course.

That's all for now folks! Thanks for popping by and I'll catch up with you all after my trip to Kent next week, where I will be visiting four more schools in the Ramsgate and Broadstairs area.

Best wishes, DLJ :)

No comments:

Post a Comment