Friday 28 June 2013

Five days of literary bliss!!!

The Bradley Baker road show is still moving along nicely with another non-stop week full of literary bliss. Monday and Tuesday were packed with showcases and signing events at two of the largest schools in Plymouth. I visited Montpelier and Leigham to present to over a thousand students.... and what brilliant attentive audiences they turned out to be! Two superb events with the familiar sight of more long queues full of eager Bradley Baker fans. My signing table was very busy indeed resulting in record breaking book sales at each school.
 
On Wednesday I revisited Chudleigh CE Community Primary to complete the year 5 book publication project. "Chudleigh's Big Adventure" is now available to buy online and is crammed-packed full of short stories written by the talented children. Here's a sneak preview of the front and back cover:
 
 
 
On Thursday and Friday it was time for more showcase presentations and book signing events. This time I travelled to East Devon to visit two schools either side of the Exe Estuary. First it was Kenton and then onto Sidbury near Sidmouth. The Bradmobile MKII is certainly clocking up the miles this month!!! Both schools were great and I'd like to convey a big thank you to Claire Muir at Sidbury and all the teaching staff at Kenton for organising the events, which both proved to be a great success. Here's a picture taken at Kenton... I was very happy to receive a thank you card from one of the year groups;
 
 
The academic year will be coming to a close soon but I still have plenty of events booked in the diary right up to and including the last day of term. I'll be able to tell you all about my second trip to Rotherham next week, as I'll be visiting another four schools in the Clifton area; East Dene, Coleridge, High Greave and also a school where one of my cousin's is part of the learning team... Whiston Worrygoose. I'm really looking forward to catching up with my close family and some old friends again during my four day stay in South Yorkshire.
 
That's all for now folks... thanks for popping by to catch up with my weekly activities. Life as a children's author is great fun and very rewarding, as I get to meet so many nice people!!! Hope you enjoyed reading this week's BlogSpot.
 
Best wishes for now, DLJ

No comments:

Post a Comment